My academic interests are religion, philosophy and intellectual history in general. Mostly I do linguistic and conceptual analysis, hermeneutics and stuff. My special interests are:
- perennial philosophy and transcendentals,
- cultural history and philosophy of traditional religions,
- classical and medieval philosophies,
- mystical and esoteric forms of religion, and
- relations of science and religion.
The topic of my master’s thesis (in Finnish) was Frithjof Schuon’s view on religion, esotericism and perennial philosophy. The topic of my doctoral thesis (in English) is panentheism.
I have also found some interest in existentialism, transhumanism, Romanticism, Radical Orthodoxy, non-Leninist socialism, traditional conservatism, post-Keynesian economics, conspiracy theories, peace and conflict studies, international law and relations, ways to control public opinion, and speculative fiction and thrillers.
I rather work with books and texts than with humans.
* * *